The Only Card You Need
Your Panther Card is your photo ID and a whole lot more. The magnetic strip on your Panther Card is programmed to give you access to your residence hall, your Meal Plan, and other facilities and services on and off campus.
Think of your Panther Card as a cross between a passport and a credit card. With a swipe of its magnetic strip, you can unlock doors, eat a meal, ride a bus, do your laundry and more.
Your Panther Card is your student photo ID and a whole lot more. The magnetic strip on your Panther Card is programmed to give you access to everything you need on campus, and several off campus amenities as well.
For your own security and peace of mind, report lost or stolen cards to Panther Central right away. We'll be happy to assist you with getting a replacement. Simply visit Panther Central in the Litchfield Towers lobby between 7:30AM- 10:00PM Sunday through Saturday.
Panther Funds are a safe, convenient alternative to carrying cash. Use your Panther Card to access pre-paid funds to purchase food, beverages, merchandise, and services on and off campus. Load funds today.
You can find a participating Panther Funds Merchant throughout the Oakland Area. Click here to see where you can "Power Up" your Panther Card next!
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about your Panther Card or Panther Funds? Look for the answer here.
Access to Services
Your Panther Card gives you access to a wide range of University facilities and services including:
- Port Authority Bus Access: If you're looking to avoid the expense and hassle of getting around the city by car, Panther Central has you covered. Present your Panther Card and ride fare free at any Port Authority bus, trolley, or incline.
- Libraries & Computer Labs: Your Panther Card is also your library card. Present your card at any University library to borrow books and other materials. Use your card to access any of the computer labs on campus.
- Fitness Centers: Your Panther Card will give you access to a variety of fitness centers based on eligibility. University fitness Centers include the fitness centers in residence halls, the Petersen Events Center, Trees Hall, Bellefield Hall, Fitzgerald Field House, or Cost Center.
- Culture: The Pitt Arts Program lets you use your Panther Card for free admission to some of Pittsburgh's most popular museums, including the Carnegie, the Warhol, Phipps Conservatory, and the Mattress Factory.
- Banking: Your Panther Card now has even more buying power. Link it to your Pitt Student Plan account from PNC Bank to use as an ATM card. Please contact 412-621-0300 for more information.
- View all services.
For quick access to important Housing and Dining documents as well as frequently used forms, please visit the publications page!
Questions, Suggestions & Feedback
Have a question, comment or suggestion? Please drop us a line and let us know how we can help you. We'd especially love to know if you have comments or suggestions about how we can improve our services for you.
Meet Your Panther Central Team
Get to know your PC Team. Our entire team is full time staff and many of us are Pitt graduates.