Safe, convenient transportation for students, faculty, and staff with temporary or permanent disabilities.
To be eligible for shuttle rides, riders must submit documentation of a physical disability that indicates their need to use the Disability Shuttle.
All rides must be scheduled by the disability resources and services (DRS) shuttle coordinator.
To schedule your ride, contact:
University of Pittsburgh
Office of Disability Resources & Services
216 William Pitt Union
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Disability Shuttle Guidelines
To make your experience and the experience of your fellow riders as pleasant and convenient as possible, please follow these guidelines:
- The University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Parking, Transportation and Services has designated parameters in which the disability shuttle can operate. Please do not ask the shuttle driver or the DRS office to schedule rides outside the designated area.
- Try to schedule shuttle rides at least three days in advance. The scheduling system works on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Standing shuttle ride pickup times are possible to arrange.
- Be on time for your scheduled shuttle ride.
- The shuttle will wait a maximum of five minutes before you are marked a "no show."
- Three "no-shows" in a single academic semester will result in the suspension of DRS shuttle riding privileges.
- If you must cancel a ride, please be courteous to others and cancel the ride with the DRS office as soon as possible.
Will my shuttle arrive on time?
While it is our goal to provide on-time service, service may vary somewhat from published times due to severe weather, construction, traffic detours, traffic congestion, and other unforeseen conditions. We regret any inconvenience to our riders when emergencies prevent advance notice of schedule changes.
Visit Parking, Transportation and Services for more information about transportation services at Pitt. Visit the DRS Web site for more information about the Office of Disability Resources and Services.