Get Around On Campus & Off
One of the most exciting aspects of living in Pittsburgh is your proximity to the museums, shops, sporting events, restaurants, and theaters that define the city.
Whether you're headed for class or going out on the town, you can get there from here. Free campus shuttles run throughout Oakland. With your Panther Card, you can also ride fare-free on all Port Authority buses, trolleys, and inclines. And when it's after hours and you need a way home, SafeRider will pick you up and drive you to your doorstep.
Get to know your many transportation options—then start exploring!
2015 Fall Semester Dates To Remember
- Saturday August 22, 2015 – Saturday Schedule
- Sunday August 23, 2015 – Sunday Schedule
- Monday August 24, 2015 – Friday August 28, 2015 - Arrival Week Holiday schedule in effect.
- Saturday August 29, 2015 – Complete fall shuttle schedule in effect
- Monday September 7, 2015 – Labor Day – Holiday shuttle schedule in effect
- Monday October 12, 2015 – Fall Break – Holiday shuttle in effect
- Tuesday November 24, 2015 – Buses Home Departure
- Wednesday November 25, 2015 - - 15A, 25A, 40A, and BSP2 shuttle, only SafeRider operates
- Thursday November 26, 2015 – Saturday November 28, 2015 – Thanksgiving Break – No shuttle service
- Sunday November 30, 2015 – Buses Home return service
- Friday December 18 - Saturday 19, 2015 – Buses Home Departures
- Monday December 14, 2015 – Wednesday December 23, 2015 – 15A, 25A, 40A and BSP2 shuttles only, SafeRider operates
- Thursday December, 2015 – Sunday January, 3, 2016 – Winter Recess – No shuttle service
- Monday January 4, 2016– Tuesday January 5, 2016 - 15A, 25A, 40A, and BSP2 shuttle, only SafeRider operates
- Wednesday January 6, 2015 – Complete spring shuttle schedule in effect.
Routes & Schedules
Does the 10A stop at Benedum? What bus do I take to get to the Waterfront or other popular destinations? Find answers to these and other buses and shuttles questions on Panther Central's list of routes & schedules.
University of Pittsburgh Live Shuttle Map
Track Pitt shuttles in real time
Safe, convenient transportation for students, faculty, and staff with disabilities.
Suggestions & Feedback
Please drop us a line and let us know how we're doing. We'd love to know if you have comments or suggestions about how we can improve our services for you.
When it's after dark, we've got you covered. SafeRider and the 30C South Oakland provides secure transportation as late as 3 a.m. (or 5 a.m. Thursday - Saturday in the fall and spring).
Heading off-campus? The University of Pittsburgh partners with Chatham College, Carnegie Mellon, and UPMC to provide safe and efficient bus and shuttle transportation.
Buses Home for the Holidays
Forget parking tickets and traffic jams. Ride Port Authority Transit fare-free with your Panther Card.
Stay up to date with PennDOT Traffic Alerts.
Find out where the buses pick up when Bigelow is closed and what stops are temporarily out of service.
We have 2 snow routes on the 10A.
1. The 10A route is basically the same until Sutherland.
- When we get to Sutherland, we'll turn around in the loading dock at Panther Hall.
- Go back down University Drive to Centre Ave.
- Take Centre Ave. to Bellefield.
- Take Bellefield to 5th.
- Take 5th to McKee and we're back on route. (As long as Centre Ave. is clear we can take this route.)
2. We leave the Cathedral and make a left on O'Hara.
- Take O'Hara to DeSoto.
- Take DeSoto to 5th.
- Take 5th to McKee and we're back on route.
Try our GPS Shuttle Tracker:
From your mobile device:
Port Authority Moves Forward with Green Initiatives
Read more (PDF)
Need to Charter a Bus?
The University's buses and shuttles are available to charter for official University functions. We can also charter school buses, motor coaches, and shuttles. Complete our Charter Bus Request Form and we will provide you with a quote.
Commute Planning Assistance
Want to try alternative transportation but not sure how to begin? It's quick and easy to plan your trip using Google Maps' trip planning resource.