A Panther Card (Pitt ID) has its perks. Pitt's fare-free agreement with Port Authority Transit enables you to travel off campus and out of Oakland via Port Authority buses, trolleys, and inclines within Allegheny County fare-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Things To Do
Want to get out of Oakland? Here are some popular off-campus destinations.
- This mecca of shopping, movies, food, and nightlife is an easy ride away on the Port Authority's 61C bus.
- Enjoy Kennywood's coasters, games, and thrill rides. It's a 20-minute ride away on the Port Authority's 61C bus.
- Take the Port Authority's 54C from Oakland to the Strip District for nightlife, shopping, outdoor markets, and warehouse values on many varieties of foods and products.
- Lots of unique retail shops, galleries, and restaurants. A prime nightlife center with great live music, a thriving arts community, and small-scale theater. The Port Authority's 54C bus provides transportation 24 hours a day.
- Watch a Pirates, Steelers, or a Panther's football game, visit the Veterans Memorial, or shop. Travel to Pittsburgh's North Shore with the Port Authority's 54C and the 500.
- The Squirrel Hill area has lots of bookstores, eateries, and clothiers. Hop on Port Authority's 61A, 61B, and 61C buses.
Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
- Spend a day at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. Get there via the Port Authority's 500 bus.
- Visit the Port Authority for schedules and routes to other area attractions including Station Square, the inclines, Mount Washington, Point State Park, and the suburban areas.