K. Leroy Irvis Hall
3825 University Dr. C
- Houses 420 men and women
- Upperclass University Honors College Living Learning Community
- Upperclass Health Sciences Living Learning Community
- Nine floors
- Air-conditioned four-person suites and doubles
- Private baths
*Bathroom dimensions: 6'2" x 10' or 10' x 6'6"
- Lounge and study room on each floor
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Fitness center
- Network connection for each student, including Wireless Internet in all On-Campus accommodations
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Fire safety—alarm and sprinkler system throughout; regularly scheduled fire drills
- 24/7 Security Coverage
- Access to Housekeeping and Maintenance staff 24/7, 365 days a year
- Access to daily delivery of the Post-gazette, USA today and The Pitt News in select Residence Hall common areas accessible to all students
*Dimensions for standard room only—others may vary by room type
K. Leroy Irvis Hall, located on the upper campus adjacent to the Petersen Events Center, offers striking views of Oakland. K. Leroy Irvis Hall houses 420 men and women, primarily upperclass students, in air-conditioned four-person suites and doubles with private baths.
An open lounge and laundry facilities are on every floor, and the commons area contains a fitness center, a meeting room, and a student mail center.
K. Leroy Irvis Hall houses the Upperclass University Honors College Living Learning Community as well as the Upperclass Health Sciences Living Learning Community. A resident director, a program coordinator, and seven resident assistants are on staff.
Basic cable television is provided
in each room/suite in every residence hall and each bedroom and/or
living room in every apartment-style accommodation.
Each residence hall room and apartment-style living bedroom is equipped with an Ethernet connection that links you directly to the University network and the Internet.
Room Rates** per Semester
** Room rates are subject to change.
The University of Pittsburgh Housing Services offers many more residence hall and apartment choices.
Did You Know?
Irvis Hall was named in honor of K. Leroy Irvis, a Pitt alumnus, emeritus trustee and legislative leader. K. Leroy Irvis was a member of Pennsylvania's House of Representatives from 1959 to 1988 and was elected speaker four times, beginning in 1977. A member of the Phi Beta Kappa national honor society, Irvis earned his law degree from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1954.