Panther Funds are a safe, convenient alternative to carrying a debit card or cash. They are a free service available to all University students, faculty, and staff. There are no transaction fees or minimum balances with Panther Funds.
Your photo on your Panther Card means only you can use your Panther Funds to make a purchase. You cannot use your Panther Card to withdraw Panther Funds in cash.
Use Panther Funds to purchase meals and snacks at all campus dining locations, coffee carts, and vending machines across campus. Buy Pitt merchandise in The University Store on Fifth, The Pitt Shop, and Maggie & Stella's Cards & Gifts. Panther Funds are accepted for copying and other services at Copy Cat and the University Library System. Withdraw Panther Funds for postage and mailing supplies at University Mailing Services, and for all residence hall laundry facilities. Panther Funds are also accepted at over 50 off-campus merchants. See the current list of participating merchants or pick up a list at Panther Central here.
Your account is active and funds are available to you as soon as you "load" funds onto your card.
Adding Panther Funds to your account is easy and convenient. There are six ways students can load Panther Funds onto their cards:
- Online: Load funds online.
- In person: Visit Panther Central in Litchfield Towers Lobby with cash, check, or valid MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card. We'll add funds to your account on the spot.
- By phone: Call Panther Central at 412-648-1100 with a valid MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card.
- Cash Management Center (CMC): Use CMC kiosks to load Panther Funds. Accepts cash, check, or valid MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card. Locations include Cathedral of Learning, Victoria Hall, Hillman Library, Litchfield Towers, Irvis Hall, Sutherland Hall, Lothrop Hall, Bevier Engineering Library.
- By mail: Send a check made payable to the University of Pittsburgh and letter of instruction to:
University of Pittsburgh
Litchfield Towers Lobby
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- Using the Blackboard Transact mobile app which is available for Apple and Android devices.
1. The next time you load Panther Funds through my.pitt, save your account information to access it from the app. You cannot add a credit card from the app.
a. Login to my.pitt.edu
b. Search for "Panther Funds Load"
c. Click Add Money.
d. Proceed through the prompts to complete your transaction.
e. When you receive your final receipt, there is an option to “Save this payment method”.
f. Check the box to enable the access from your phone and save.
2. Download the app.
3. Choose University of Pittsburgh from the list.
4. Log in. You will be directed through multifactor authentication, which requires your Pitt username and password.
5. Select Panther Funds from the account list.
6. Select Add Money in the top right corner.
7. Choose deposit amount and click Submit to complete the transaction.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff can choose to enroll in Payroll Deduction to automatically load Panther Funds onto their ID after payday. Funds can be loaded in increments of $25, $50, $75, $100, and $150, and can be changed or cancelled at any time.
Parents and guests, to make a guest deposit on your student’s card, you need a few pieces of important information. Know your students' first and last names, their official University-issued e-mail address, and a valid MasterCard or Visa credit card. Input this information and make sure their name is exactly as it appears on their ID card.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Each time you use your Panther Funds for purchases, your remaining balance is displayed on the register or vending machine.
Check your balance online and transaction history at the Panther Central Community at My.Pitt.edu or in person at CMC kiosks. CMC locations include Sutherland Hall, Cathedral of Learning, Barco Law Building, Victoria Hall, Hillman Library, Benedum Hall (in the hallway outside the Bevier Engineering Library), GSPIA Library.
|Process of Checking Balances and Viewing Transactions:|
|1) Log into My.Pitt.edu|
|2) My Resources » Panther Central|
|3) Panther Funds » Panther Funds Load|
|4) Enter Credentials|
|5) Account Transactions|