Panther Funds are a safe, convenient alternative to carrying a debit card or cash and are free and available to all University students, faculty, and staff. There are no transaction fees or minimum balances with Panther Funds.
Your photo on your Panther Card means only you can use your Panther Funds to make a purchase. You cannot use your Panther Card to withdraw Panther Funds in cash.
Use Panther Funds to purchase meals and snacks at all campus dining locations and coffee carts; for books and Pitt merchandise in The University Store on Fifth, The Pitt Shop, and Maggie & Stella's Cards & Gifts; for copying and other services at Copy Cat, and the University Library System; for postage and mailing supplies at University Mailing Services; in vending machines across campus; and in all residence hall laundry facilities. Panther Funds are also accepted at over 50 off-campus merchants. See the current list of participating merchants or pick up a list at Panther Central here.
The Featured Business of the Week promotion lets you save – just for using Panther Funds! You can save 25% at a different location each week of the term when you use Panther Funds. Panther Funds are accepted on-campus and at more than 55 off-campus locations around Pittsburgh.
Your account is active and funds are available to you as soon as you "load" funds onto your card.
Adding Panther Funds to your account is easy and convenient. There are six ways students can load Panther Funds onto their cards:
- Online: Students can visit the Panther Central Community and load funds online.
- In person: Come into Panther Central in the Litchfield Towers Lobby with cash, a check, or a valid MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card and we'll add funds to your account on the spot.
- By phone: Call Panther Central at 412-648-1100 with a valid MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card.
- Cash Management Center: Use the CMC (Cash Management Center) kiosks in the Cathedral of Learning, Victoria Hall, Hillman Library, Litchfield Towers Lobby, K. Leroy Irvis Hall, Sutherland Hall, Lothrop Hall, or Bevier Engineering Library to load Panther Funds with cash, a check, or a valid MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit card.
- By mail: Send a check made payable to the University of Pittsburgh and letter of instruction to:
University of Pittsburgh
Litchfield Towers Lobby
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- Using the Blackboard Transact mobile app which is available for Apple and Android devices.
1. The next time you load Panther Funds through my.pitt, save your account information in order to access it from the app. You cannot add a credit card from the app.
a.My Resources – Panther Central
b.Panther Funds Load
c.Click Add Money.
d.Proceed through the prompts to complete your transaction.
e.When you receive your final receipt, there is an option to “Save this payment method”.
f.Check the box to enable the access from your phone and save.
2. Download the app.
3. Choose University of Pittsburgh from the list.
4. Log in. You will be directed through multifactor authentication, which requires your Pitt username and password.
5. Select Panther Funds from the account list.
6. Select Add Money in the top right corner.
7. Choose deposit amount and click Submit to complete the transaction.
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and staff have the option of enrolling in Payroll Deduction to have Panther Funds loaded automatically onto their ID after each payday. Funds can be loaded in increments of $25, $50, $75, $100, and $150, and can be changed or cancelled at any time.
Parents and guests, have your students' first and last names (exactly as it appears on their ID card), their official University-issued e-mail address, and a valid MasterCard or Visa credit card to make a guest deposit on your student’s card.
Lost or Stolen Cards
Each time you use your Panther Funds for a purchase, your remaining balance is displayed on the register or vending machine.
You can also check your balance online and transaction history at the Panther Central Community at My.Pitt.edu or at the CMC kiosks in Sutherland Hall, the Cathedral of Learning, the Barco Law Building, Victoria Hall, Hillman Library, Bevier Engineering Library, or GSPIA/Economics Library.
|Process of Checking Balances and Viewing Transactions:|
|1) Log into My.Pitt.edu|
|2) My Resources » Panther Central|
|3) Panther Funds » Panther Funds Load|
|4) Enter Credentials|
|5) Account Transactions|