In 2015, the Student Office of Sustainability and Student Government Board created the Pitt Farmer’s Market to bring local food vendors to campus! Now, each spring and fall, the University hosts Pitt Farmer’s Markets every week in front of the William Pitt Union.
The Pitt Farmers Markets take place on select Thursdays from 10:30 am – 2:00 pm at Gallagher Plaza in front of the William Pitt Union.
Students, faculty, staff, and community members are welcome to shop any of our local vendors selling lunch, baked goods, produce, beverages, and more! All vendors accept Dining Dollars, Pitt Ca$h, Panther Funds, cash, credit, and debit.
Spring 2024 Market Dates:
- January 18
- February 8
- March 21
- April 4
- April 11
- April 18
February Market Vendors:
- Jak's Bakery - Handmade traditional Bulgarian Pastries
- Kyle's Cakes N'at - Small Batch Cheesecakes featuring traditional and season flavors
- Little Garden Kitchen - Woman owned small business specializing in sweet and savory pastries
- The Pie Place - Local bakery offering a variety of Pies, Breakfast Pastries and Cookies
- Florey Farms - Student owned Microgreens farm located in Oakland
- Star Cross Naturals - Certified Naturally Grown Farm offering produce and baked goods
- The Pickled Chef - Family owned and Chef driven company featuring a variety of pickled and fermented vegetables and sauces
- Istanbul Grille - Offering Mediterranean lunch plates with Vegan and Vegetarian options
- Animal House PGH - A new to Pittsburgh food cart offering grilled sandwiches and specialty sides
- PGH Crepes - Delicate Crepes made with your choice of sweet and savory fillings
- Weird Little Earrings - Found toys reimagined into unique and nostalgic wearable art
- Psquare Scents - Local handmade soaps, wax melts, bathbombs and more
Check back every month to see our updated vendor list!
Do not forget to bring your reusable bag! All Pitt Farmer’s Markets aspire to be zero-waste, working closely with vendors to ensure this mission. Vendors are required to serve meals in compostable containers and are prohibited from using disposable single-use plastic bags.
Stay up to date with the Pitt Farmer’s Markets by following our Instagram!