Find general news and announcements below, including information regarding housing, dining, transportation, and other resources.
News and Announcements
Panther Central will operate on a reduced schedule November 30 – December 23 and will be closed December 24 – January 3. Panther Central’s call center will field calls during non-business hours. 24/7 coverage will resume January 10.
November 30: 7am – 5pm
December 1-20: 8:30am-5pm, Monday – Friday
December 21–23: 8:30am-5pm (use the Forbes Ave entrance)
December 24–January 3: Closed
January 4–January 9: 8:30am-5pm
January 10: Reopen at 6:30am: Resume 24/7 schedule
Effective Monday, November 9, Mail Centers in Bouquet Gardens, Forbes, Irvis, Lothrop, Nordenberg, Panther, and Ruskin will close until the start of the spring term. Mail Centers in the Towers and Sutherland will continue their operations on an adjusted schedule. Learn more about adjusted operations in our Mail Centers.
New dining hours go into effect on Thursday, November 19. See the full schedule below for more information.
Please contact us with any questions!
As we are moving closer to the winter recess, we want to make sure you check everything off our to-do list before you leave campus. Review our move-out guide for even more details!
- Review the attached Winter Move Out Guide.
- Turn your thermostat down to 68°F, if applicable.
- Unplug any small appliances, but keep your refrigerator/microfridge plugged in.
- Remove any trash.
- Close and lock all windows in your residence.
Please note that University staff will be entering rooms over the break to complete routine maintenance projects.
Do you have a vacancy in your room, suite, or apartment? If so, please remove any personal belongings from the other side of the room and ensure that furniture is in the condition and placement that it was in upon arrival. Vacancies may be filled by incoming spring term students, and it is important that their move-in experience is a positive one. Any completely vacant bedrooms will be cleaned by our housekeeping team over winter break. Please help by following our request!
- If you use a hard key to access your residence, mailbox, or garage, please return your key to Panther Central prior to leaving.
- If you currently live in an apartment-style building, you MUST move out at the end of your fall term contract, November 25. Reentry is NOT permitted after November 25.
- All residence halls will close at 5pm on Wednesday, November 25. If you are unable to vacate by November 25th, please complete the Winter Recess Application via my.pitt. Apartments will remain open over break for those residents whose contracts extend through the spring semester. We request that you complete the Winter Recess Check out Form via my.pitt.
- If you are a residence hall student and you receive an email over winter break regarding the receipt of a package, the package will not be returned. It will be held at your mailroom until the spring term.
- Panther Central will be operating on a reduced schedule over winter break, but will still be available 24/7 via phone at 412-648-1100.
If you have any questions regarding the move-out process for winter break, please do not hesitate to contact us.
From all of us at Panther Central, we wish you a safe and happy winter break!
Don't forget to skip the lines by ordering ahead from any on-campus dining location through Grubhub with your meal plan, Panther Funds, or credit card. In addition to on-campus pick-up perks, you can now enjoy ordering with Panther Funds on Grubhub not just in Pittsburgh, but wherever you are! Use your Panther Funds for purchases at any of the 300k+ nationwide merchants on the Grubhub network.
Connect your Panther Card to your Grubhub account to receive a free year of Grubhub+ membership. Get unlimited free delivery and rewards on repeat at your favorite restaurants.
Click here to discover all the delicious details!
To connect your Panther Card to Grubhub:
- Download the Grubhub app and create an account
- Go to My Grubhub
- Select Settings icon
- Select Campus Dining
- Enter “University of Pittsburgh”
- Enter your Panther Card 2P number
- Enter your Pitt email & verify
- In payment, select Panther Card
Visit the Restaurants tab on your Grubhub account to edit your location.
We hope you enjoy pick-up and delivery off campus, along with free pickup on campus!
We’ve made improvements to the payment processor for our Panther Funds online system. We’ll continue to accept Discover, MasterCard, and Visa credit or debit cards.
All saved payment card information has been cleared and will need to be re-entered as of Friday, October 23.
For a limited time only, you can add additional dining dollars to your account and receive free meal exchanges as an added bonus!
These add-ons are available now through November 25th in the following amounts:
- 1,000 Dining Dollars + 20 Free Meal Exchanges $1,000
- 750 Dining Dollars + 15 Free Meal Exchanges $750
- 500 Dining Dollars + 10 Free Meal Exchanges $500
You can also add smaller amounts of Dining Dollars without the extra bonus!
Dining Dollars and the free Meal Exchanges will roll over to the Spring Semester.
To purchase an add-on:
- Go to my.pitt.edu
- Search for Panther Central.
- Click on 2020-2021 Housing Information and Applications.
- If directed to PittPay, choose Make Deposit, then click Continue.
- Choose Add Additional Dining Dollars.
Thank you for adhering to COVID-19 safety precautions and doing your part to mitigate on-campus risks this term. We’re happy to announce that indoor dining is back with a twist!
In accordance with all health and safety requirements, we are able to provide limited seating within our dining locations on campus. Reservations will be required at the Eatery and Perch in order to dine in starting tomorrow morning, Tuesday, October 20 for breakfast.
There are two ways to access the reservation application:
1. Download the “Dine On Campus” app from the Apple or Google Play app store.
2. Visit dineoncampus.com/pitt
To hold your spot, please follow the instructions below:
- App: To make a reservation through the app, select “Eat,” then tap “Make a Reservation.”
- Online: Login to your account or select “Manage Account,” then select the “Reservation” tab and click the “Make a Reservation” button.
Once a location, date and time are selected, you’ll receive a confirmation email or see your confirmed slot on the “My Reservation” app tab. Show your confirmation email at the entrance of your dine-in seating section to verify your spot.
Seating at Cathedral Café, Schenley Café and The Petersen Events Center Food Court will also be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tables and chairs have been spaced to allow for appropriate physical distancing. Please reference the proper signage for available seating.
While dining in all locations, you’ll have 30 minutes. You can make up to one reservation per meal period with a one-hour break in between each reservation.
View our Dining Services FAQ for additional information regarding indoor seating at select dining locations.
We want to remind you that move-out is scheduled to be complete by November 25. Upon your departure, access will not be restored until the residence halls reopen for the spring semester. We have capacity to accommodate students who are unable to vacate by November 25th. If you have such needs, please complete our winter recess application, which is now available. Instructions for how to access and complete the application through my.pitt.edu are provided below.
Here are a few notes as you make your plans. The fall semester officially ends on December 5 with the spring term beginning on Tuesday, January 19, 2021. The COVID-19 Medical Response Office (CMRO) has advised us that they will be issuing guidance in the coming days regarding the safest ways to leave the campus at the end of term and to help reduce the risks associated with travel.
If you have a need to remain in your room for the interim (from November 26 through December 5), or for the duration of the 2020-2021 Winter Recess (from December 6 until the beginning of the spring semester), you must complete the Winter Recess Housing Application. The Winter Recess Application will include signing the Winter Recess Housing Contract. The deadline to request this housing is due no later than October 30.
To Complete the Winter Recess Application via my.pitt.edu:
- Go to my.pitt.edu
- Search for Panther Central
- Click on 2020-2021 Housing Information and Applications
- If directed to PittPay, choose Make Deposit, then click Continue
- Under WINTER HOUSING INFORMATION, there is a link next to Winter Recess Housing Application
- Click Proceed to Application
Additional information about spring move-in is forthcoming. Stay tuned!
We hope your semester is off to a wonderful start! Our Panther Post student mail service hours have changed a bit; see the revised schedule below.
Towers Mail Room
Monday – Friday: 8am – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 2pm
Bouquet Gardens, Forbes, Irvis, Lothrop, Nordenberg, Panther, Sutherland Mail Rooms
Monday – Friday: 12pm – 4pm
Saturday: 10am – 2pm
Please contact us with any questions!
We’re excited to share new meal plan options tailored to you through our new dining program, Pitt EATS!
We now offer three kinds of meal plans to fit your needs:
Unlimited memberships help first-year students adjust to their new home away from home with easy access to dining. These plans are also available for commuters or upper-class students. Unlimited members can dine at The Eatery or The Perch and bring a friend – the plan includes ten guest meals per semester! If you’d rather visit an on-campus retail location, you can use one meal exchange per day. We offer weekday unlimited plans, too, along with Dining Dollar options for ultimate versatility.
Lifestyle Memberships (The Foodie, Eat On The Run, Panther On The Go Plans)
Pitt EATS offers lifestyle memberships customized to meet your needs. The Foodie includes one or two meals to use per day at The Eatery, The Perch, or for meal exchange at on-campus retail locations. Treat a friend with five guest meals as part of The Foodie and Eat On The Run memberships, and add Dining Dollars as needed. These plans are valid for the semester only – unused meals will not roll over from fall to spring.
Dining Dollar Memberships
Experience ultimate versatility with a Dining Dollar membership, available for anyone to purchase and reload as needed. Dining Dollars come with memberships or can be purchased in $200 or $350 amounts, which roll over from fall to spring and don’t expire until the end of the spring semester. Use your Dining Dollars at any on-campus dining location and spend up to 25% of available funds at select off-campus locations. You’ll also enjoy a 10% discount at all non-national brand locations to support local business!