News and Announcements
On campus dining locations will operate on an adjusted schedule in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, January 21.
Thanks to everyone who has been using our compost bins at Irvis Hall, Panther Hall, and Sutherland Hall! We’re expanding our efforts around campus and are excited to bring food waste composting to Schenley Café and kitchens in the Perch starting Monday, January 13.
We’ve already composted 44,500 pounds of food waste since July from the Amos Starbucks alone, and estimate that 700 pounds from the Perch and 600 pounds from Schenley Café will skip the landfill and be composted each week.
The Pittsburgh Garden Company has partnered with us to deliver Pitt food waste to a farm in Washington County, where it transforms into reusable soil within ninety days.
Help us make the University more sustainable - turn your scraps into nutrient-rich soil!
If you are a guaranteed student for the 2020-2021 Academic Year, you are given a Housing Selection Index Number (e.g. “lottery number”) that will be used if you choose to participate in the online Housing Selection process.
Please follow the below instructions to view your Housing Selection Index Number online:
- Go to https://my.pitt.edu. Log on using your University username and password. If you do not have this information, you can call the Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP for information on how to obtain your username and or password.
- Once you gain access to the website, click on My Resources and choose Panther Central from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Housing Applications and Information link on the right side of the page.
- In Ask Cathy, click Meal Plan Changes and Lottery Numbers to view your lottery number.
Once you have viewed your Housing Selection Index Number (lottery number), please review the following documents:
- Instructions for Completing the Housing Application - This is the MOST IMPORTANT step in the process.
- Housing/Dining Services Contract -This is to keep for your records.
- 2019-2020 Room and Board Rates - These rates are for your reference; they are subject to change for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
The Housing Selection Processes and Deadlines Booklet can be viewed here. This booklet explains the process and all upcoming dates and deadlines for the housing application and selection process.
There are two different Selection schedules for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- General Room Selection schedule is located on pages 6 and 7 of the Selection Book.
- Suite and Apartment-style Selection is a bid process based on lottery numbers. Starting this year, this process is now online. Bid winners will be posted both online and at Panther Central at 1PM on February 13, 2020. At this time, bid winners will receive an online selection schedule that will notify them of when they are able to go online and select their suite/apartment for next year.
To keep your housing guarantee valid for next year (2020-2021), you must submit your completed Housing Application online by February 1, 2020.
- Firefox and Chrome are the preferred web browsers for the Housing Application. Do NOT use Internet Explorer.
- Turn off all popup blockers. This is different than simply “allowing popups.”
- Do not refresh your web browser once you begin the application process.
- Read each step of the application carefully. When asked to enter any information, do not add spaces before or after your text.
- Text boxes that ask for your “University ID” are requesting that you enter your seven-digit PeopleSoft number.
Selection Information Sessions
Please join us in the Sutherland Hall lobby tonight, Tuesday January 7th from 7-9pm for an information session on housing selection. Stay tuned for additional upcoming sessions!
Join us at Market Central or The Perch at Sutherland for our January events!
We're serving up fresh options across campus! Check out our new offerings this month.
Join us for a quick bite or a meal this semester!
Like a caterpillar must be contained in a cocoon before it transforms into a butterfly, so must the block of Bigelow Boulevard between the William Pitt Union and the Cathedral of Learning be currently closed for its own transformation project, which is scheduled to be completed by August 2020.
Here's what you need to know:
- You can still cross Bigelow Boulevard at the Fifth Avenue and Forbes Avenue crosswalks.
- The front entrance of the William Pitt Union facing the driveway will be closed. The entrance between McCormick Hall and Bruce Hall will remain open.
- The ADA-accessible entrance for the William Pitt Union from Forbes Avenue will be open for use.
- Shuttle routes will be moved. The southbound shuttle stop will be at Schenley Drive in front of Hillman Library, while the northbound shuttle stop will be at Forbes Avenue in front of Schenley Plaza, where the panel trucks used by the Pitt Stop vendor frequently park now. Accessibility shuttle stops will be at the curb cuts in each location: Schenley Drive at the Hillman/Posvar Hall crosswalk and Forbes Avenue at Schenley Drive Extension.
If you need additional information or routing guidance, please contact the Bigelow project team!
Over the summer, Tapingo joined forces with GrubHub. While your Tapingo app still works for the time being, make sure you download the GrubHub Campus Dining app to continue enjoying all the perks of on-campus mobile ordering.
Morning Grounds at Scaife Hall, the Graduate School of Public Health’s coffee cart, and Quick Zone at Sutherland Hall ordering systems are already up and running. However, due to system upgrades, some of our GrubHub ordering locations are temporarily closed. Check the app to stay up to date as we transition to the new system!
We all know plenty of fast-food chains, but now Pitt is bringing you a fast food change! If you want to adjust your plan, you can now save time and complete the Meal Plan Add or Change form online.
Follow these steps to change your meal plan by Friday, January 17:
- Log into https://my.pitt.edu. Remember, do not use “www” in front of my.pitt.edu
- Click My Resources and select Panther Central from the dropdown.
- Click Housing Applications and Information on the right-hand side of the page, then click 2019-2020 Housing Applications and Information in askCathy. You will be directed to PittPay.
- Click the Make Deposit tab, then click the Continue button.
- Scroll down to Meal Plans, then select Proceed to the Form.
Remember, all meal plan changes are due by Friday, January 17. Please contact us with any questions!