If you are a guaranteed student for the 2020-2021 Academic Year, you are given a Housing Selection Index Number (e.g. “lottery number”) that will be used if you choose to participate in the online Housing Selection process.
Please follow the below instructions to view your Housing Selection Index Number online:
- Go to https://my.pitt.edu. Log on using your University username and password. If you do not have this information, you can call the Technology Help Desk at 412-624-HELP for information on how to obtain your username and or password.
- Once you gain access to the website, click on My Resources and choose Panther Central from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Housing Applications and Information link on the right side of the page.
- In Ask Cathy, click Meal Plan Changes and Lottery Numbers to view your lottery number.
Once you have viewed your Housing Selection Index Number (lottery number), please review the following documents:
- Instructions for Completing the Housing Application - This is the MOST IMPORTANT step in the process.
- Housing/Dining Services Contract -This is to keep for your records.
- 2019-2020 Room and Board Rates - These rates are for your reference; they are subject to change for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
The Housing Selection Processes and Deadlines Booklet can be viewed here. This booklet explains the process and all upcoming dates and deadlines for the housing application and selection process.
There are two different Selection schedules for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- General Room Selection schedule is located on pages 6 and 7 of the Selection Book.
- Suite and Apartment-style Selection is a bid process based on lottery numbers. Starting this year, this process is now online. Bid winners will be posted both online and at Panther Central at 1PM on February 13, 2020. At this time, bid winners will receive an online selection schedule that will notify them of when they are able to go online and select their suite/apartment for next year.
To keep your housing guarantee valid for next year (2020-2021), you must submit your completed Housing Application online by February 1, 2020.
- Firefox and Chrome are the preferred web browsers for the Housing Application. Do NOT use Internet Explorer.
- Turn off all popup blockers. This is different than simply “allowing popups.”
- Do not refresh your web browser once you begin the application process.
- Read each step of the application carefully. When asked to enter any information, do not add spaces before or after your text.
- Text boxes that ask for your “University ID” are requesting that you enter your seven-digit PeopleSoft number.
Selection Information Sessions
Please join us in the Sutherland Hall lobby tonight, Tuesday January 7th from 7-9pm for an information session on housing selection. Stay tuned for additional upcoming sessions!