We're at Your Service
Panther Central is your go-to place for all the essentials of daily living, from transportation to housing to finding a good meal.
Whether you have a question about a contract, you need to find a bus home, or you are locked out of your room at 3 a.m., Panther Central can help.
We are dedicated to providing friendly, courteous service to current and prospective students, faculty, and staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We have two locations to serve you.
Our office in the main lobby of Litchfield Towers is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our office in the main lobby of Sutherland Hall is open Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Call us at 412-648-1100, or contact us online. We're at your service!
Take a Tour
Look inside several of our housing locations by visiting our interactive tour. Click here.
Questions, Suggestions, & Feedback
Have a question, comment or suggestion?
Please drop us a line and let us know how we can help you. We'd especially love to know if you have comments or suggestions about how we can improve our services for you.
Place a Maintenance Request
To report a maintenance issue, please submit a request online. For emergency repairs, call Panther Central at 412-648-1100.
Laundry Machine Maintenance
Submit a laundry maintenance request online with CSC ServiceWorks.
Panther Card Self Service
Your Panther Card (Pitt ID) is the one tool that every student, faculty, and staff member needs to have on their first day. Submit your photo to us in advance and allow us to preprint your Pitt ID.
Academic Year 2018-2019
- August 20, 2018 - Residence Halls Open
- August, 27, 2018 - Fall Term Classes Begin
- September 7, 2018 - Fall Term Add/Drop Period Ends
- December 15, 2018 - Fall Term Ends
- December 16, 2018 - Residence Halls Close
- January 5, 2019 - Residence Halls Open
- January 7, 2019 - Spring Term Classes Begin
- January 18, 2019 - Spring Term Add/Drop Period Ends
- April, 27, 2019 - Spring Term Ends
- April 28, 2019 - Residence Halls Close
Winter Recess Dining Hours
During Winter Recess, Dining Services will operate on a holiday schedule, and many locations will be closed. See the full schedule of locations and hours for details. Regular hours resume on Monday, January 7, 2019.
Winter Move Out Details
Residence halls and the Fraternity Complex close for the Fall Term at noon on Sunday, December 16. Review the winter move out brochure, for valuable move out information. Residence halls reopen on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Blackboard Update December 19th
A Blackboard update is scheduled for December 19th. Due to this update, Blackboard services will be unavailable on the 19th, beginning at 9AM. The following services will be unavailable for the duration of the update:
- Pitt IDs – IDs cannot be printed during the update
- Panther Central transactions will be cash only
- Dining Services transactions will be cash only
- Panther Funds will be unavailable at all accepting locations including the University Stores and off-campus merchants.
Extended Library Hours
Stay on track with your studies by taking advantage of extended hours at Hillman, Bevier Engineering, Barco Law, and Millstein libraries. View all library hours.
Panther Central Holiday Hours
Panther Central will operate on holiday hours from Monday, December 17, 2018 to Saturday, January 5, 2019. See our holiday schedule.