Housing Process

The University offers a variety of on-campus housing options. Find your home in the rich diversity of our residence halls or in the more self-reliant environment of apartment-style accommodations. An overview of each housing option can be found on the housing map.

First-Year Students

Prospective first-year students admitted for fall term through Admissions and Financial Aid have the opportunity to secure guaranteed on-campus housing. To receive guaranteed on-campus housing, students must pay their $300 enrollment fee and $325 housing deposit by the respective deadlines. The enrollment fee must be paid by May 1st, and the housing deposit deadline is printed on their housing contract. Learn more about the housing process for first-year students.

Upperclass Students

Upperclass students are admitted with or without a housing guarantee. Learn more about the housing process for upperclass students.

Gender Inclusive Housing

The University of Pittsburgh values every member of the Pitt community, striving to fully include all students in on-campus housing. Gender Inclusive Housing allows students to live with whomever they choose regardless of gender, sex, gender identity, or expression. Available in select buildings for first-year and upper-class students, Gender Inclusive Housing options are in accordance with University housing processes.

Housing and Dining Accommodations

Students who would like to request a disability-related housing and/or dining accommodation must first complete the standard housing application. After filling out the application, students can request accommodations through the office of Disability Resources and Services.

Summer Housing

Due to the University's response to mitigate the effects of COVID-19, elective summer housing cannot be offered at this time. Check back soon for information on Summer Housing for 2021! 

Graduate Student Housing

Graduate students are not eligible for on-campus housing. Please visit Off-Campus Living to find out what options are available to meet your needs.

Sorority and Fraternity Housing

Fraternity or Sorority members wishing to live with their respective chapter must complete the housing and dining contract and application. These forms must be completed and submitted by the specified date provided by Panther Central. The chapter president will work with Panther Central regarding placement of their chapter. Panther Central will determine who is eligible for housing based on the student's contract and application status.

Living Learning Communities

Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are specialized living environments that connect students inside- and outside-the-classroom experiences. Each LLC is unique, but all are centered on a distinctive theme or academic interest area. Students who choose to live in an LLC have a direct connection to their classroom experience. These students have access to intentional events, programs, and dedicated staff members who work to make the community a success.

Off-Campus, University-Owned Apartments

The University owns several hundred apartments that are available to undergraduate and graduate students. University-owned apartments are unfurnished and range from efficiencies to three-bedroom units. These units are not considered on-campus housing and are administered via a lease, security deposit, and monthly payments.

To learn more about Off-Campus Living, call 412-624-6998, email ocl@bc.pitt.edu. You are welcome to stop in our offices at 3959 Fifth Avenue, where our friendly staff will happily assist you.